Monday, August 14, 2006

Sketchbook part3


I should back up and start with the layout of the book. Like I said before I love looking at original works at the scale the artists intended it to be.

So with that in mind, I wanted to create a book that would give the audience something to remember. To give everyone a chance to see the original work at the same scale. I then divided the book up into three sections; character and concept designs, pin-ups, and a work-in-progress comic.

The concept works was comprised of my own original game and comic characters. Stuff that I was thinking about for years, most of these drawing was done over a period of ten years. Some pieces are in various stages of completion. And the reason I decided to includes these were to show my thought process and my approaches to finishing them. Maybe on my next book, I'll show my step by step techniques.

Next up are the pin-up that was commissions by various fans (Ok, I actually have more than 2 fans) These were fairly simple, pretty girls in different costumes.

The last part is the comic book that I've been working on and off for the past decade. Just could never get myseft to finish it. Anyway presented here for the very first time. So, after many months and years of hard works. The book is finally here (see picture above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home